I CAN'T COME TO CAMP BUT WOULD LIKE TO HELP SOMEBODY ELSE GET THERE, CAN I DO THAT?
Yes! You can help send somebody else to camp via the Power of Magic Camperships!
CAN I WORK AT CAMP?
No, our camp team is staffed entirely in-house. However, if you're already registered for camp and you're an extraordinary human being who does workshops, activities or performances for a living and you have a unique and invigorating workshop/activity to offer the A-Camp community, email kristin [at] everyoneisgay [dot] com and marni.kellison [at] gmail [dot] com with your idea!
WHAT BEHAVIORS/ACTIONS WILL GET ME KICKED OUT OF CAMP?
Any camper who poses a threat to the safety and comfort of other guests or employees may be removed from the premises (asked to leave camp immediately). This includes a camper who is extraordinarily loud, abusive, threatening to others, engaged in non-consensual physical contact against others. Inappropriate conduct may also extend to violations of the rules and procedures of the campground. Generally, any camper who has utilized the premises and is removed for inappropriate behavior will forfeit the cost of camp tuition as per the terms and conditions of registration.
WHEN I REGISTERED, I CHECKED OFF THAT I READ AND UNDERSTOOD AND WOULD ABIDE BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MY REGISTRATION, BUT I WAS LYING BECAUSE I DIDN'T ACTUALLY READ THEM. CAN YOU REPRINT THEM HERE FOR ME?
Please read and understand the following terms & conditions because they are for real:
1. Non-Refundable Registration Deposit: Your $75 registration deposit is 100% non-refundable and non-transferrable, absolutely zero exceptions. If you need to give up your spot, you can sign in to this interface and cancel your registration, or email camp [at] autostraddle [dot] com and tell them you wish to cancel.
2. Refund Policy: Payments made beyond the $75 deposit will be refunded if you cancel before April 1st. If you cancel between April 1st and April 15th, you will receive a 50% refund. If you cancel after April 15th, your tuition will not be refunded or transferred, no exceptions.
3. Transportation To Camp From The Airport: The Perlman Retreat Center is located approximately 30 minutes from the Milwaukee airport and 1.5 hours from O'Hare. If you plan on taking an Autostraddle shuttle to camp, you've gotta show up at ORD by 3pm at the latest. The earliest shuttle from O'Hare will leave at 1:30PM, we take your flight info to ensure everybody is accounted for and to get you into shuttles and off to camp as quickly as possible! If your flight is delayed, we'll wait for you, but if you schedule a flight that gets in after 3 PM, you're on your own!
4. Transportation From Airport To Camp: Shuttles from camp leave at 11 AM and therefore will not arrive at ORD until 1 PM at the earliest. If your flight leaves prior to 3 PM, we cannot guarantee that a shuttle will enable you to catch your flight.
5. You must pay your tuition in full by April 1st. If you don't pay or contact us about needing an extension by April 1st you will lose your spot.
6. We will be sending you emails from @regonline.com and @autostraddle.com email addresses, so please look out for those and read them or risk losing your spot, ending up in a cabin filled with goblins, or making us all go completely insane. If we can't get in touch with you via email, we will call you repeatedly, sing off-key into your voicemail, and send aggressive carrier pigeons to your home.
7. Just a reminder that there are no exceptions to any of our refund policies. The only thing emailing us for an exception accomplishes is to make us all feel sad. Just come to camp! That's so much more fun than getting a refund anyhow.
8. Campers who display violent behavior or attempt or commit physical or sexual assault will be sent home immediately, at their own expense, with no refunds or other compensation offered.